Sunday, September 16, 2007

...Now

Today I free verse
From the rusted, wasted, wearied shackles
Of self love
And self loathing
And self indulgence

Today I get over myself
Not 'will get'
Not 'should get'
Today I get over myself
I do

Today I find the grace
To ask for attention when I want it
Sans excuse
Sans apology
In just so many words
May I?

It isn't yet dawn
I am clean
Pure
Unsullied by light
Or thought
Thought about thought and over it and around it

Although that makes a good story too
Right now I must enjoy a moment of poise
With all the tension
Of fine balance
Of impending...relapse

Like being four

Tip toed and arms spread
on the single brick lining
Of the flower bed in the garden

Ready for flight or fall
Any moment now
I might burst out in laughter

1 comment:

sonia said...

very nice...and nice to see you up and about